Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Why God, Why?

Something worth sharing... :)

I woke up this morning mad. I had to get up at 6 am for workouts. I asked God, "Why do I have to get up so early? I just want to go back to sleep." No answer. Later that day, I got into an argument with one of my friends. I asked God, "Why did You allow us to get into such a bad fight?" No answer. Then I got a call and learned that a close family member of mine passed away. I asked God, "Why do You take the people I cherish the most out of my life?" No answer. As I was driving home that evening, I got a flat tire. Angry, I pulled off to the side of the road, and asked God, "Why do all of these bad things keep happening to me?" No answer.

When I got home, I sat down, mad as ever before, and pleaded out, "God, please, where are You when I need You? Why do bad things keep happening to me?" God then spoke to me. He said, "Even though you may not see me, I have been by your side this entire time. Having faith is not seeing, but believing in what you cannot see. I woke you up early this morning because I know the dreams you have. Sleep brings poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. You and your friend got into a fight because a man of many companions may come to ruin, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother. He was going to betray you next week. Your grandfather who died? It was time for him to be free of pain, and I needed another angel to help watch over you. I made your tire flat because there was a drunk driver on the road, and I wanted to make sure the roads were safe." I didn't know what to say. God then said, "Say nothing, for I need no apology. Do not doubt me or second-guess my judgement, for everything I do has a reason. I am with you at all times; I will never fail or leave you. My love for you is unimaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment